Runners, On Your Marks…
By Rona Coster
If running is your thing, pack your sneaks and head to breezy Aruba this coming June for the 2nd edition of the KLM Aruba Marathon. Scenic course routes, 4 different distances, and a post-run celebration—it’s a can’t-miss event for both amateur and seasoned runners.
This year, the Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino will serve as the start and finish location for the KLM Aruba Marathon taking place on June 2, 2019. In addition to proudly hosting the race, the Hilton Aruba will host a pasta party and the KLM Aruba Marathon Expo the day before the race.
The 2019 KLM Aruba Marathon will offer four course distances, including a marathon, half marathon, 10 km race, and 5 km race. Each course will finish at approximately the same time on Hilton Aruba’s beachfront, the largest stretch of Palm Beach. Following the run, participants are invited to enjoy a post-race celebration near the finish line.
The KLM Aruba Marathon offers participants:
- 4 distances to choose from
- AIMS/IAAF-certified race
- 5 km and 10 km options for both runners and walkers
- A personal (bib) race number, online time registration, event t-shirt, luxury medal, and water stations including Powerade and fresh fruit
- A race number with their own name (if registration was on time)
- Scenic course routes for all distances
- Free app with live tracking so family and friends can follow participants
- Free certificate with name and distance
- Joint finish of all distances on Hilton Aruba’s beachfront, followed by an awards ceremony with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers and an after-party on the beach
- Dri Fit running shirt, singlet running shirt, pasta party, and (optional) finish photo & video
Additionally, participants who reside in the ABC Islands are eligible to win two KLM return tickets to Amsterdam. The drawing will take place directly after the awards ceremony.
Registration is open and participants can register at www.klmarubamarathon.com. In addition, traveling participants are invited to book their accommodations at Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino. For starting rates, packages, and more information about Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino, please call +1-800-250-0134 or visit www.hiltonaruba.com.
Partners, sponsors, and volunteers: The KLM Aruba Marathon is made possible by various partners, sponsors, and volunteers. The Aruba Tourism Authority and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines are title sponsors, and additional sponsors for the specific distances include Cavalier, Hilton Aruba, and Chill by Balashi. Other partners include IBiSA, Aruba Athletics Federation, Hertz, Little Switzerland, Kooyman, High Performance, Adidas, Digicel, Superfood, Red Cross, Insam, KPA, and Harley Davidson volunteers. The race organizers look forward to working together with all partners and volunteers to make the 2nd edition of the KLM Aruba Marathon a resounding success.